View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv View Post
Lol ok I did a little more research to and yeah that code is useless I see. Well yesterday was driving to work and it started the same thing again, I pulled over it started to clear up then boom! Check engine light came on and spat the 27 code at me which is the injector not getting info from injector controller. Turned out it was one wire on the #1 injector was a tad loose. I pushed it in and it sounded like new lol now I hope that this was causing the problem the whole time but not sure cause it acted totally different then my original problem. But I don't know if it could have just had so little connection that it was making it chug a sputter and backfire a little bit. It only backfired tho when I pushed on pedal more. I thought about the fuel pressure thing to but I didn't have a pressure gauge. Well thanks for the help. I didn't get a chance to post my new problem yesterday lol but hopefully it w
Just that one wire all along but my luck prolly not lol thanks again guys
Good, I would still check the fuel pressure. Especially since the truck is relatively old. Trust me, I was driving from SC to Fl and my fuel pump which was running at 35 PSI wouldn't supply enough fuel to keep the engine going and well it died some 100+ miles from home, Now I was lucky because it provided just enough fuel to keep the vehicle going 40 MPH, but at one point the thing didn't even have enough fuel to move the vehicle, the engine would still idle but that's it. Well long story short, It completely died 18 miles from home and the tow with discount cost around 130 bucks, new fuel pump cost 125 bucks. And well the next day I put the key in the ignition the engine started I drove it but once I hit 80 it would die, fuel pressure was at 35 PSI, these systems are picky and they want there 40-43 PSI at the rail. So just be safe go to a little autozone and they can connect there fuel pressure gauge. Better than getting stranded somewhere, that was the worst night of my life. Cost so much money, took so much time. My god!