View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv View Post
Damn that sucks. I will have the fuel pressure checked tho just to be sure the pump is only a few years old and was installed by the dealer. I don't know what brand but I've heard there bad for burning up pumps and acting crazy if its not rite at the specs u provided. And I just drove it for about 45 minutes and it did the same thing as my original problem lol the missing seams to be a little worse now tho. I also checked all the plugs and they all looked pretty good except for that number one cylinder so the problem was there long before I got the truck. But surely someone didn't drive it long enough like that to get the plug white and corroded ? It ran like straight Shyte. Can a clogged fuel filter cause intermittent missing like that? I've never had one go out or get clogged so idk
A sticking injector could cause running problems like that, a clogged fuel filter will most likely cause random miss fires across all cylinders but generally the ones closest to the fuel supply line. The filters on these pumps are built onto the fuel pump which is submerged in the tank so replacing it isn't really an option. But it took 17 years for my pump to completely give out, but when the pump was running 35 PSI I was getting 4 more MPG over stock! Just the thing finally couldn't keep up and left me stranded. So make sure it's 40-43.5 PSI. They are very tempermental about fuel pressure. And ah, dealer installed, that explains it all :P