View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I would highly recommend getting a realtor, especially on your first home, and especially as a buyer. We bought our first home 2 years ago, and my friend is a realtor so basically did it all free of charge(although he charged the seller which in turn gets passed through into the price of the home but whatever)...

There is a lot going on, especially when looking at foreclosures and short sales. It is worth spending a little on a realtor that can guide you, besides, you will be saving a lot on the house being a foreclosure or such. We bought a foreclosed home as well, and there are many things we would have done wrong if it wouldn't have been for the realtor. Their advise and knowledge is worth while as well. It's a very complicated process, I wouldn't do it alone, not as a buyer.

Here in FL we used the MLS(don't know if that's FL specific or not...) and basically it's an interactive map that shows EVERY listing in a given area, with pertinent info. Kind of like looking at google maps.

Good luck, it is sadly a painful process(took us like 8 months) but in the end it is well worth it. We now have our own home and are paying roughly half what we paid when we rented apartments.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.