Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jlibert is on a distinguished road
Default RCSB express vs. RCSB SRT-10

I was headed home on my usual route when a black rcsb third gen went past me in the opposite direction. I immediately got on my brakes, and he did the same. I waved him over to where I was parked and when he pulled in, I noticed the spoiler and the viper wheels. I hesitantly asked if he wanted to race and he obliged.

Race 1. dead stop, he spun, I spun so we both let off and went again.

race 2. from a slow roll (about 20mph or so). It sounded like he was in a pretty tall gear, and I was revved up pretty good in first. I jumped about 3 truck lengths ahead as he rolled into it. I could see him screaming up to me, but then he'd lose a truck length when he shifted. Bottom line, he was at my door after 4 poles.

race 3. basically the same as race 2. The guy couldn't shift that quickly, so he'd pull super hard, but would lose everything he gained at the shifts.

Anyway, these srt10's clearly have a lot more power than our stock hemi's, but without a good driver, the manual tranny equipped models aren't going to walk away from us.

one thing that surprised me was how the srt10's sound. They sound something like a cross between a straight six and a ferrari. Well, this one did anyway.