Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue/Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
drb2005 is on a distinguished road
Default '05 HEMI stalling-NEED HELP

Hello Ram brothers and sisters. I am new to this forum and I have a question. I recently purchased a used 2005 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 HEMI. I am having a problem with the thing stalling as I come to a stop. I have had the truck back to the dealership and they can't seem to give me a straight answer. I have had the tranny filters replaced and computer updated, the two things the dealership THINKS was the problem. The engine stalls when I come to a complete stop after I have had the speed above 25 mph. It stalls at the exact time the vehicle comes to a stop. If I take my foot off the brake just before it stops, I can usually avoid a stall, but not always. Sometimes I have to tap the brakes to stop. If I'm cruising along at 10-15 MPH and stop, it doesn't stall. I have done so much research on this problem and I've only gotten "suggestions" as to what may be wrong. I am looking for anybody who has had this problem with their vehicle and has FOUND A SOLUTION. I haven't taken it back to the dealership in months because every time I do, they keep it for 2-3 days, do some tests, can't find an answer and give it back stating "it's fixed." I was wondering, is there a sensor in the brake system that may be sending a faulty signal to the computer causing it to stall? Again, I'm looking for people who have had this problem and have found a solution.
Sponsored links