Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
Street racing...

Any dynos, 1/8 or 1/4 slips for your truck?

Speaking of turds, our HEMIs ARE turds in the 1/4 out of the box. High 14s/low 15s? Pretty sure the turbo MINI Coopers my wife and daughter drive would beat my truck as it sits right now. Ugghhh...

There's NO comparing the two trucks, so don't...

The HEMI Kool Aid around here is unbelievably sometimes. Having owned several SRTs and several 5.7s I know first hand the difference and comparing the two similarly equipped is an exercise in futility. Typically with the amount of money you'd need to spend on a 5.7 to make it competitive with a 6.1/6/4 SRT you could have had a SRT to begin with.

There's a handful of trucks on this forum that could hand a STOCK SRT (a 10 or any of the 8s) their ass in legitimate (that means no bullshit street racing) race. And those trucks have big dough in 'em. Slap bolt-ons (intake/tune/exhaust) on an SRT and you're back to square one.

SRT haters...give it a rest...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs