Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jlibert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
Street racing...

Any dynos, 1/8 or 1/4 slips for your truck?

Speaking of turds, our HEMIs ARE turds in the 1/4 out of the box. High 14s/low 15s? Pretty sure the turbo MINI Coopers my wife and daughter drive would beat my truck as it sits right now. Ugghhh...

There's NO comparing the two trucks, so don't...

The HEMI Kool Aid around here is unbelievably sometimes. Having owned several SRTs and several 5.7s I know first hand the difference and comparing the two similarly equipped is an exercise in futility. Typically with the amount of money you'd need to spend on a 5.7 to make it competitive with a 6.1/6/4 SRT you could have had a SRT to begin with.

There's a handful of trucks on this forum that could hand a STOCK SRT (a 10 or any of the 8s) their ass in legitimate (that means no bullshit street racing) race. And those trucks have big dough in 'em. Slap bolt-ons (intake/tune/exhaust) on an SRT and you're back to square one.

SRT haters...give it a rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post

Anyway, these srt10's clearly have a lot more power than our stock hemi's, but without a good driver, the manual tranny equipped models aren't going to walk away from us.
^^from the original post ^^

What are you talking about? I'm out of line for telling you a story about a RCSB express vs a RCSB SRT-10? You're comparing our 5.7's to 6.1's and 6.4's that have never been available in a truck platform? Give it a rest.

Nobody thinks our trucks are God's gift to racing. It's a stock truck, that's it.

If you want to take a ride in something that will slap around any vehicle you've ever owned, come to my house and take a ride in a turbo 7.0 challenger. (front mount pt-80) With the little 2.3 lysholm it had before the turbo setup, it went 10.70 shifting into high gear at the 1/8th. Just cause we're on ramforumz talking about stock '12 rams doesn't mean that's all we know. My last diesel truck probably made more at the wheels (twin turbo, twin pumps, etc) than any of your last two vehicles combined.

If you don't like the thread, troll elsewhere.