View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express Package
Color: Mineral Gray Matalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:320
JimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the roughJimsRamTruck2012 is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
As far as the tail lights themselves go, they are illegal. Every state has different laws on "tinting" tail lights but all of them also say that there is a minimum amount of light that must be visible at a certain distance which I know these do not meet because you can barely see the light even 2 car lengths back and if I remember right the minimum distance in Florida was 150 feet lol I definitely don't meet that. However our cops (North and Central Florida) are also very lenient when it comes to car mods out here and as long as you're not acting a fool or driving like an idiot to draw attention to yourself they'll let quite a bit slide. I've had cops come right up on my ass, I'll change lanes and they'll just keep on going. Out here they'd rather worry about the older Crown Vics and Chevy Impala's on 26's than the nicer truck rolling down the road with bad tail lights. The light bar under the tail gate helps keep the cops off my ass for sure as well. I'm working on a mod right now to put a nice bright red LED in the reverse section of the housing and re-wire it so that the brake light comes from that instead to actually help out people behind me. I'm more worried about getting rear ended than cops lol
Thanks! All I can say after that is look out for those damn Crown Vics and Chevy Impala's on 26's.