Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
blackram99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Since caster is measured in degrees, these numbers don't make sense unless you are omittin gthe decimal between them. I'm assuming your truck is a two wheel drive since you mention a spindle. Unless the frame of the truck is bent, the most likely cause of caster issues is worn busings, a bent control arm, (upper, lower, or both) or spindle damage. I'm guessing this alignment tech isn't very savvy or he would be able to tell from the measurements and a visual inspection what the cause is.
Thanks for the response. The actual number is -47.65 degrees on the driver side. I have been under the truck dozens of times and can't see any visual evidence of a problem. The driver side uca bushings were replaced 5 years ago. In the past 2 months, Every other front suspension part has been replaced short of the control arms, springs, and center link, No wrecks or other anomalies have occurred.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the caster is off on the opposite side from the recent spindle failure and that when making a right hand turn, the wheel does not want to return to center. I know this is due to negative caster, but why on the opposite side??