View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice
Default Disturbing Sight - Dirty Rockers

No, these are not the names of a couple of 80's has-been hair bands, it is actually what I found inside my front rocker panels. I have been seeing some crap in there lately and today I decided to remove my mud flaps to inspect them and then also decided to have a look inside the rocker. Well, as I suspected the inner rocker was full of crap. I have seen plenty of cars with rust in this area due to poor drainage due to accumulating crap.

I peeled back the inner fender to find the crap below. Leaves, keys, etc.

That is rust just waiting to form. This stuff falls through the base of the A pillar and into the fender then down to the bottom where it sits. There is a piece of foam in there for sound deadening I imagine. I don't think that was helping the drainage so I removed them. They just pull out. The passenger side foam loops around the antenna wire.

I power washed both sides.

It upsets me that the manufacturers don't seal off these areas from the top so large debris cannot make it through. I'm going to have to put this on the spring and fall maintenance list.