View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have lowered the exact same truck/year so I MAY know a few things. Firstly, 2/4 is the lowest you can go without needing to do a set of custom half-shafts as the stock ones are maxed out at 15 degrees with max travel with a 2" front drop. If you DO want to go lower, you're going to have to pay the $$ to get a shop to do a one off set of shafts with high-angle CV joints. The rear can go 4-5 inches without needing a notch, but at 4" I only had 1.5" of room below my bumpstops.

The only drop kit that even claims to work to drop a 4wd is the GroundForce 2/4 kit and it runs about $1000 depending on where you go. They use springs to drop the front, which is what you want for the front for ease of installation. Spindles will work as well, so if you are set on spindles then get the McGaughy's 2" drop spindles as they are the best out there and relatively cheap.

You will want to replace the rear shocks when you do the axle flip and you can go a bit lower with some drop shackles. The rear is simple enough to do, just make sure you get a kit that has shims for the axle to correct the pinion angle so you don't destroy your u-joints.