View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about
Default Chapman Dodge - Scottsdale AZ

Just a very abridged summary of my experiences there regarding warranty work...be careful with them.

I brought the truck in on October 22 for three issues:
1.) Paint issues: Paint bubbling on passenger front door handle, Paint bubbling on inner drivers fender, Paint damaged on drivers rear door sill.

2.) Harsh transmission shifting, with occasional flutter between gears.

3.) Rattle in dashboard ()

My service writer was not very responsive to my issues, and I don't feel (and still don't) that my concerns were taken seriously.

On October 22nd, I brought the truck in for the first time. Service writer took pictures, and said he would send to Chrysler for approval. Scheduled a return appointment on October 24th to get the paint addressed and the other issues addressed.

Between October 22nd and today (November 20), I had to go to the dealer four additional times, and I opened a case with Chrysler Customer Care due to inattentiveness.

Flash forward to today: I go to pick the truck up - and it is absolutely filthy. Paint dust, real dust, and other grime all over the truck. Paint work looks decent, but not great. Rear door sill is fixed good, passenger door handle was replaced, but the fender had a lot of over-spray; which my service writer claimed was dirt.

He washed the truck, but still over-spray remained. After some light polishing, most was removed.

The passenger side door was damaged during the replacement of the door handle:

My big issue is the following:

1.) I don't feel that my concerns were ever taken seriously.
2.) The repairs were done ok, but not 100% finished (why was there over-spray that needed taken care of?)
3.) Over-spray was left all over the windshield.
4.) Service writer could not duplicate the dash rattle - apparently video proof of it is not indication of it actually existing. I have to bring the truck back when it is happening again - which I am sure will result in a "could not duplicate" diagnosis again.
5.) Service writer claims a transmission software update was performed, but the paper work says otherwise. I don't like being lied to.
6.) Paint damage being done to the truck - when that is exactly what the truck was in to fix, paint defects from Chrysler.

I don't expect perfection, but I don't think half-ass attention is acceptable either.

Supposedly, I am going to be contacted by the dealers customer service representative to get the door scratch fixed by a mobile paint repair company. Not too concerned with the scratch, but it really is not acceptable to have damage done to the truck by the dealer.

If you take your truck there, be sure to watch them closely. They'll eventually do acceptable work, but they need to be pushed to do so. I should not have to push anyone to do their best work, and not damage a customers vehicle.

Hopefully, YMMV, but those were my experiences. Not great for a $40k truck with only 4k miles on it.

PM me if you are local, and I will provide names and more details as well.
Sponsored links