View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007
Rep:10
icid is on a distinguished road
Question 2007 1500 Instrument Cluster Bad?

Just bought a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 and had a few problems during test drive. Strut was bad and dealer replaced before purchase. Drove it about three miles since buying it and this thanksgiving weekend I drove it home. During the drive I went through a few stop lights and the cluster started going from on to off...every gauge either showed red or was at zero. Shut truck off and called dealer to tell them. Headed home since it was holiday weekend since the truck still drove just fine during these problems and it never happened again on the way home...25+ miles.

Would this be a mis-start/bad fuse box/cluster problem/wire harness? I have an appointment Monday to get it checked with a code reader at the dealer. No other code popped up.

PS: at first the air bag (im guessing that was what it was, near the seatbelt warning) light started going off randomly then all gauges would just die and then restart along with all the bells and whistles.

Had this happen on an ford expedition of mine and the problem was a bad seal in window that let fog water/rain drop onto the internal fuse box below the steering wheel.

Thanks alot in advance and yes I am a new user but have used this site for many repairs in my last dodge ram 2001.
Sponsored links