Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough
Talking

I can tell you that if you lightly accelerate down hill and then coast up hills that will help. Also changing out the tranny, motor, front and rear differentials with quality AMSOIL Oils you will see a slight gain in MPG's and help the drivetrain last longer. Keeping the 265 series tires on there and aired up will also help lower your rolling resistance. Slow Down on the highway but go ahead and get up to speed will also help. Try to avoid gas stations that sell E10 Junk Gas.... This alone will gain you 3+ MPG guranteed .... The Ethanol that is being put in gas is a load of crap. Terrible MPG's, yet we are trying to save the Earth by burning less oil ..... HELLO..... If I get less MPG's with 10% E in the tank I will be filling my tank back up with that 90% Gas a 1/3 more ....... Ok... Remove any extra weight from the truck. Remove steps, grill guards, fender flares...... Lower the Truck...... Programmer set to MPG mode and a light foot..... Clean Air Filter, new plugs, wires, clean TB, Good Oxygen Sens's.... Having your rig towed UP HILL and you coast down