View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about

Update:

I received a call from Jamie Cox to schedule a mobile paint repair for the scratch that Chapman placed on my truck. Once the scratch is repaired, I'll post another update.

However, as I hand washed the truck today, I noticed that the over-spray on the fender and windshield also extends to the drivers door, roof, and drivers window. Apparently, Chapman does not believe in covering areas of the vehicle that are not to be painted.

Now I have a $40k truck with 4,400 miles on it that has over-spray all over it.

Chrysler customer care is aware of these issues and will be following up with Chapman directly. I would bet my choices are to take the truck back to Chapman and let their "skilled" workers "fix" it, or I could spend 8+ hours and clay-bar the truck myself. Based on the monumental screw-ups to date by Chapman, I don't think I'll be doing that; so I guess my next free weekend will be filled with clay-bar paint cleaning.

I have lost all faith in the quality of work from Chapman - if you are considering taking your vehicle there for service (warranty or otherwise), I would seriously suggest that you reconsider. Please learn from my frustrations and issues with Chapman; stay away!