Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Rench810 is on a distinguished road
Default What I don't like about my truck....

Headlights. And I don't think it's the halogen or the aiming: I have owned plenty of vehicles with halogen lighting that provided adequate lighting for night driving. I have to believe it is the reflector and/or the lens: the light simply does not get to the road. And a lighting engineer is lying (or drinking a lot of corporate kool-aid) if he/she denies it.

As consumers we need to push for a recall on these headlight assemblies; they pose a danger to both drivers and pedestrians.

I'm not a big fan of the Uconnect marketing: my truck label and factory build sheet both indicate Uconnect radio. Well, it is not. It is Uconnect 'capable' (with appropriate upgrades). As if there isn't enough distrust in the market between consumers and car manufacturers, Fiat/Dodge continue with the 'smoke and mirrors'. Why not try 'straight up' guys? As in: "Don't drive this truck at night because you won't be able to see anything, and Uconnect is a trademark of ours, and one we like to splash all over your paperwork, but.... you don't get it -sucker."

You gotta love companies that spend money on market research to attract customers and then do whatever they can to build a product to piss them off. Fix it Fiat/Dodge or lose market share; it really boils down to that, doesn't it?