Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: base
Color: Atlantic blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
sawicki4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default failed inspection

Hey guys well I just failed my first inspection. Apparently My flow master super 10 is to loud. figured that but apparently it is a safety hazard. how does that makes sense. I sat and argued with the guy saying that if you rev any v8 up to 2500rpms its gonna be loud and then i asked what db it was at and what the state max was. The guy just got angry and said mass doesn't have a db limit And ANY modification to the exhaust to make it louder is illegal. So I say okay but where is the modification. There is a cat correct, there is a muffler correct, they are hooked up correct, they're isn't any cut out correct. so i don't see how i modified the exhaust. the only thing difference is my stock muffler rotted out and i replaced it with a 50 state legal muffler.he just got more and more pissed. well long story short he told me not to come back to his shop with that pos truck again. i said okay and laid some nice rubber in his parking lot. now to the point I need some advise on quieting down this beast for inspections. i love the sound of it and i havnt had any issues with leo's bothering me either so i want to keep the muffler. and advice on maybe some kind of silencer. I not sure if they make them or not i just need some advice.
Sponsored links