View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Ok folks, good news all around. First, I got a call at around 130pm today saying that my Ram was ready.

My service manager assured me that he drove it himself at highway speeds and the problem was indeed fixed. I took the rental back to enterprise, got a ride up to Tacoma Dodge, and had a chat with Steve M, my service manager. While we were talking, Steve got an email from STAR:

Quote:
Dealerships are wasting too much labor time and money replacing converters on 2009 and up Ram 1500's. We are issuing a mandate that all service departments order Part # RL051146AB instead of Part #R8051146AB when replacing converters on any Ram 1500 made between 1 September 2008 and 1 September 2011. The re-manufactured converters have an internal flaw that occurs in the rebuilding process. As such it is mandatory that all converters that are replaced in the year range specified be replaced with all-new parts using the part numbers provided. Any model year 2012 and higher Ram 1500's have a different converter and therefore should be unaffected.

This is to ensure the satisfaction of the customer, the quality of our products and the reputation of dealer service departments. It just works out better all around for everyone. We are working very closely with the powers-that-be right now to issue a TSB regarding this matter, So be sure to look for it in the coming weeks. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mike XXXXXXX
-Director Dealer/Service Relations.

So, there you have it folks.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 11-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.