View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 dodge ram
Rep:10
08JD is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 Dodge Ram 3.7 Rough Idle/stalling out.

So question for you guys, or if anyone can point me in the right direction with a member who might know.

2002 dodge ram 3.7l v6 - 5speed with 148,000 miles on it.

When at a stop light, sometimes it will do it, sometimes it wont, or sometimes it will do it everytime. it will have a lower rpm idle and really idle rough. Than it will eventually stall. If i catch it before it stalls out and start driving away, i notice that when shifting from 1st gear into 2nd (with the cluch in, the rpms will continue to rise until around 3k). when stalling out it spudders and makes a knock sound.

weird huh?

Only code that im pulling is p0442, evaporative emission control system leak detected (small leak).

I have a gas cap ordered, its on its way. Also i climbed underneath the truck and checked the hoses around it, noticed that zip ties are securing them to the nipple. (stupid previous owner, im going to go ahead and do it the right way).

Now my question is, if its just the gas cap (since it doesn't seem to seal tight), would this really be causing this issue to happen with my motor?

Motor sounds great when running great, normal injector ticking, nothing else.

Please get back to me,

John
Sponsored links