View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
That's not true, I've never seen an oem setup where the springs would fall out without some force.

I understand you are comfortable with yours because you won't ever unload your suspension fully, but others need to be aware of the risk.
Have to agree. The OEM spring will never fall out if left alone. I just replaced my springs with a heavy duty coil spring to eliminate rear sag when under load and to get them out I had to jack the truck up by the frame and disconnect the rear sway/shocks then drop the rear axle a bit to get them to come out without a fuss.

My whole opinion on this cutting business is it wasn't designed that way so why modify it? Either replace with something that was built shorter or leave it alone IMO. As said before it's your truck and if you feel comfortable doing it more power to you!

Chrome... in moderation.