View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Picked up an '09, time to start modding...

I just picked up an '09 1500 quad cab 4x4 as my new ride to replace the written off '07 and now to start the build all over again. The first thing I have decided to do is a tranny swap before I start getting into the engine mods so I can get that tuned properly before putting power to it.

I have talked to Johan and he's said that he can write out the transmission from the stock tune, so that's my starting point.

My first choice is to swap in a NAG1 from a GSRT, either a SHR viking or a paramount built, with a stand-alone TCM. I know that there are people that have done this swap into early Mopar restorations so I know it's theoretically possible to do, but whether I can adapt it to a modern RAM. I want to keep the OEM transfer case to keep factory electronic 4x4 controls, but I can always go with a GSRT8 transfercase and go full-time AWD rather than selectable 4wd.

If the NAG1 isn't possible, then I will be looking at a built 727 w/ gear vendors O/D to get me a 6 speed. There are lots of TCM controllers out there for the 727 so that should be a fairly straightforward swap and I'll keep it as a backup if the NAG1 isn't possible.

What are people's thoughts on this swap and what will my ro be?
Kurtis
Sponsored links