View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1997 Ram 3500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White/Driftwood
Engine: 1996-1998 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 215hp 440lb/ft(manual), 180hp 420lb/ft(auto)
Rep:10
ramster is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Gotterdone!!

Thanks for all the help Guys. I had Wifey turn the ignition on and off several times, while I listened around under the hood. Didn't hear any clicking noise except for the pre-heaters. Pulled the connector on the fuel solenoid, 12V with the key on. Hmmmmm. Removed solenoid, manually moved lever on IP, turned the key, and bingo!! She started. Priced one out through a parts house, only $389! I told the parts Guy I just wanted one unit, and he chuckled. Nice to find what was wrong, but the part price kinda stings. Oh well, no labor! This part has been giving me trouble for some time now, come to think of it. The past couple of Summers, when it was 100+ degrees out, she wouldn't start after being run at freeway speeds for an hour or two. Popped the hood, let her cool down for a few minutes, and She'd start right back up. This is one of those things you 5.9L Guys need to put in the mental notebook. Thanks again.

Jonathan