View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunnerseoinc View Post
Save yourself some $ and put it into 4 hi when it gets a little slippery and forget about it. Huge diff. in 4X4 than in 2WD trust me. I've owned manual shift 2WD trucks when I lived in Western NY and got by OK but will never own another 2WD again. If U can drive a manual 2WD truck in the snow belt U can drive anything!
I agree. Try the 4x4 before dropping any cash on new rubber. You can use different tread on the rear so long as they're the same size as the front. DISCLAIMER: Just because tires have the same numerical size on the sidewall, doesn't mean they are actually the same size when measured. I strongly recommend measuring the circumference of your stock tires with a tailors tape and them match them up with the tires you want to buy. I would recommend keeping the size within 7/16" or 11mm. The problem you may run into is that the tire retailer may not want to mount one on a rim to let you do this, but if they really want to make the sale, it shouldn't be a problem.