View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default 4.7L catch can bracket

Ok guys there has been some discussion of this over the past couple months, so I thought I'd make a dedicated thread for this. I have come up with a really nice bracket design for 4th gen rams(not sure on 3rd gens yet) that want to use the billet tech catch can. I made a mock up out of wood and verified fitment(I already have a BT catch can) and then had a friend draw it up in CAD and sent it to another friend that is on this forum(Louis) that is going to machine a piece from aluminum and send it back to test. If all goes well I will run around with it installed for about a month and at that point will say it's "good to go"(or make adjustments as needed) and if there's some interest in others wanting these we can make more and sell. We are not looking to make money here, we are more doing this to provide a good option for the 4.7L guys that want a catch can.

I know the two things everyone wants to know is price and pictures. I can't really answer these yet but once I can I will. Just as a GUESS I'm going to say we will be able to make and ship them for around $30, however this is a GUESS since I am not in the machining business. Hopefully it'll be less, maybe $20 or so. I understand if it's much more then there will probably not be any interest for that price point. We will just have to see when that time comes. As for pictures, as soon as we get the test one made and I install it I will take pictures.

We are trying to get this installed on my truck come new year, so it should be fairly soon.

Also, if we end up selling these, I will provide detailed instructions, all hardware needed, etc. We are trying to make this a bolt on "kit" like there is available for the hemi. Keep in mind you'd still have to buy the BT catch can separately from them direct(or use another CC of your choice).

I hope this doesn't infringe on any forum rules(if it does, mods please PM me first so we can talk and I will make it right). I think I'm well enough trusted on this site, been here long enough, etc. We are not trying to profit, just help the 4.7L community.

I will update on progress whenever I can After we get this finalized for the 4th gens we might move on to trying to put something together for the 3rd gens.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links