View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Though I've never tried it, some people who have changed/updated their tire/wheel combination swear by the drawing of a chalk line method --

Copied & Pasted - You can always use the chalk line method: Start off with the OEM pressure, draw a even pressure chalk line across the tires and drive app. 30 feet. The wear on the chalk line should be even. If you have some left on the outside edges of the tire, you have too much pressure, if you have some on the center, you have too little pressure. Again, wear along the tire/chalk should be even...

For the record, on all previous vehicles I've owned - where the wheels and/or tires have been changed and altered in size from OEM - I've always inflated tires 2-8 PSI above the door placard.

Grub out!