View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancrawford View Post
My buddys have told me to do the overslung axle my only thing with that is will it affect anything? I dont wanna tear anything up or mess up how well it rides. Would that affect my drive shaft in any way? Idont want to be blowing out u joints due to a bad angle with the drive shaft i already need a new pinion bearing in the rear end. If i do flip the axle ill replace that bearing while i have the whole rear end out. But thanks for the info this could save some money since i wont have to buy anything!
Sorry for the late response, without internet. Well if you overslign the axle it will affect the driveline geometry a little bit. A basic overslung of about 3 inches will probably throw off the driveshaft by .5-1 degree on the y-axis. But what you can do is adjust the transmission u-member to compensate.

Be sure to replace the u-bolts don't reuse them even if they are brand new. Once they are torqued down they cannot be loosened or re-used. Better be safe then stupid.