Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

The Rambox is fantastic- it was a big selling point for me on the truck. They've come in quite handy as built in coolers a couple times already, and it's a convenient place to store my ratchet straps and such. I can still fit a 4 foot wide sheet of plywood flat in the bed- a little tight, but it definitely fits. A full 4x8 sheet would require the tailgate to be down, and there'd be some overhang, but it wouldn't be much of a pain at all.

No performance mods planned beyond the predator right now. I might try to get a better flowing drop in air filter, or maybe a full intake, but I'd kind of like to keep that lifetime powertrain warranty going as long as I can. I'm planning on driving this thing more or less until the wheels fall off, and I'd imagine that sometime before that happens, the temptation to put headers and a performance exhaust on it will be too much to resist.
I'll most likely get a color matched Line-X bed liner at some point in the not-to-distant future, and maybe one of those hard folding tonneau covers.

And Tom, I'm in the Burtonsville area- not too far from the intersection of Rt 29 and Rt 198