Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

I researched this a little, and found that there is indeed a filter listed on rockauto, however, it appears generic. Looking on Autozone, there is no listing for a fuel filter, however, they list a ?? POWER STEERING FILTER?? That one blew me out of the water! Anyhow, it too looks like a generic filter, and I am certain that neither of my trucks have either a fuel filter or power steering filter. Lesson? I think this means that if you insist that a supplier provide something, their job is to provide it, whether it be pink tailpipes or steering filters, the nice thing about our society is that if you want it, someone can provide it!!!I would suspect that your new fuel pump is intermittant, whether from defective, or bad wiring connection. I would suspect a wiring problem, since you just went through the same problem. checking ground would probably be a good idea. Does the gauge work? Otherwise, for troubleshooting, a fuel pressure gauge is mandatory. I used to have a Jeep, and once I lost the impellers on the fuel pump, the pump ran fine, but no flow from it. (Sometimes I think these trucks should have come with a fuel pressure gauge in the glove box!) 35 - 40, and rock steady under all driving conditions, put the gauge under a wiper if need be and drive until it screws up, if need be. Low fuel pressure will not leave codes, so that doesn't help... Good luck!!