View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 F150
Rep:10
alacey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRANKYPISTOL View Post
^^^I call BS on the Challenger race. Not a chance in hell!
Video of a Supercab 4x4 F-150 Ecoboost with a canned SuperChips tune(SC sucks IMO) and an intake taking on a Challenger with a Hemi.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ecoboost_2382506.htm

The 13.91 that the Challenger posted in that video was only .4-.3 seconds off from the 13.5(2011 R/T) and 13.6 (2010 R/T) posted by an experienced Motor Trend driver in this article. An Ecooboost truck would not stand a chance against a SRT8.

The 13.97 that the tuned F-150 post is rather slow as most of the custom tunes like the 5 Star I have or the Livernois, MPT, and Unleashed tunes are putting up better numbers. Some like Livernois have broken into the 12' with a tune a few mods.

So my custom tuned Eco staying neck and neck with a Challenger is no BS or far fetched. Keep in mind even though I like to press the go pedal to the floor sometimes, I like my truck for it's ease of towing & low end torque more than anything. In the real world 1/4 mile times hardly mean anything me. I am just trying to show you I ain't BS'in you when I say that I can and did keep up with a Challenger R/T.

Last edited by brad12kx; 12-06-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Remove link