View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacey View Post
My warranty is still intact. I spoke with the service manager about a tuner before I got one. He told me that as long as the tuner does not cause the issue without a reasonable doubt then I will be fine. For instance, if there is a known problem with the ignition or it is something that the tuner did not cause then it is covered under warranty. If the tuner I used raised the boost to 30 psi and I blow my engine then I am not covered.

The tune that I have only raises the boost 2 psi over stock. Stock, the turbos are putting out 16 psi and 18 psi with the tune. I have an Airriad intake, a 5 Star 87 & 93 perf/tow tune along with a 5 Star & MPT 93 performance only tune, and a Solo performance Mach 46 exhaust. DBW means drive-by-wire throttle that is calibrated through the ECU/ECM and not like the old cable driven throttles. The only Hemi I have raced stock was a 2011 Hemi 4-door 4x4(mine is a 4-door 4x4 short bed 3.55 LSD) and I was almost two truck lengths ahead by the time we hit 80 mph both times. Third time was from a 30 mph roll and I was only a truck length ahead by the time I hit 80 mph.
First off congrats on your wins and good luck with your truck. About your service manager, you'd better call Ford and get that statement from the horses mouth. From what a freind and owner of several Ford dealerships has told me, they will not warranty altered EB engines. Maybe it's changed but I'd still check with Ford. But your Airraid and Mach 46 exhaust alone would supposably void your warranty. Not to mention that to increase the boost to 18 lbs they would have to adjust the wastegate actuator. Meaning that you would have to re-adjust it when you remove the tune back and forth to stock....I think but not sure? I found a EB tuning warning bulletin about it a while back on the yellow bullet forums and posted here but the mAderators (lol) warned me that it was taboo and removed it. Anyway, I thought the stock boost pressure was 13 lbs, are you sure about the numbers? The hp increase sounds about right but the numbers sound off. I think that you would need to increase the fuel pressure (larger injectors) as well for that much boost. There is a guy who turns wrenches on turbos here on this forum. Hopefully he will see this and chime in on the subject about EB tuning....hint hint? None the less, good luck with your truck and congrats on your kills. (this statement is void if we ever cross paths, lol)