I've only owned this 2009 SLT Crew Cab for a few months, and don't really have too many complaints. I assume like most of you here, I've owned and drove them all, so I have a good basis for comparrison.
1. First of all, for people complaining about gas gas milage; you bought a 6000 lb piece of metal to drive down the road. It certainly requires a vast amount of fuel to accomplish this feat. My old 1978 Bronco with a 460 swapped into only got about 6 mpg, with about 200hp. So I'll take my 15 city and 18 highway with the 390 HP Hemi anyday of the week.
2. Trucks ride like well....trucks. I bought a new 2010 F150 Crew Cab a few years ago with the dreaded 5.4L (blah) And I find this Dodge to be much more comfortable and dampaned. Now it doesn't compare to Luxury SUV's, but hey, it's a truck. My family finds it more than adequate.
3. I love the styling. I went and looked at the new GMC trucks and started laughing when the salesman started showing them to me. I said "they look like cheap tin cans from China!" Ford is always a great product, but with the ECO Boost, I don't trust it yet. I loved the look of the Dodge, the true Crew Cab is HUGE. Love the 5.7 HEMI, it is a monster. The trucks sits just right for me and the family, height is not an issue.
4. I am disapointed in the 3.55 gears with the tow package. I'm sure the HEMI will make up for it, but with 20" wheels, 3.92's should be standard. I will be switching to 4.10 gears when I upgrade to a larger camper and get a locking differential, that's just a personal preference.
5. I find the headlights more than adequate, I do have the Quads, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The fog lights are extremely bright, and I will gladly spend the $20 a year to replace bulbs for that kind of safety vision.
Other than a crummy dealership experience (who HASN'T had one) I will just perform the prescribed maintenance, not buy an extended warranty, and hope my Dodge RAM lasts me for 10 years