Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Rep:73
IN2H2O will become famous soon enough
Default Strange Issue with RB1 Radio and Sirius Sat

I upgraded my 2002 Dodge Ram with an RB1 Nav unit and sirius tuner a couple years ago and have had an intermittent issue ever since. I have spent countless hours searching online and other forums trying to resolve it with no luck. Hopefully you all will be able to help me.

Sometimes when I put the key in the ignition and turn it on, the sirius comes in but full of static. It seems to do it more often when the truck is hot like after a long summer day in the sun. Only Sirius is affected, AM/FM and CD all function properly.

I have to remove the key, cycle the lights, press the brake, open the door and wiggle my nose just right and it will work again. I have it figured out now that if I insert the key and turn it to ignition before I close the drivers door, it will never happen so I suspect it has something to do with the auto dimming cab lights?.?.?

Almost seems like something else is on the bus with the sirius unit and causing interference.

Anyone have any insight or ideas? Do I need to take it to a dealer and have them refresh my ECM to include the Sirius unit?
Sponsored links