Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 ram rt
Trim Level: Rt
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
Chefalan23 will become famous soon enough
Default Trying to decide on muffler

Ok, I know it's pretty cliche that my first post is an exhaust question, so my apologies in advance.

That being said, I want to to a single in/dual out muffler and retain the resonators. This is the third hemi I've owned (previously 07 jeep gc limited and 09 challenger r/t, now 09 ram r/t) and learned from past experience that removing resonators and getting too aggressive of a muffler leads to terrible sound from mds, which I plan on leaving in tact. My jeep I ran a 14x4" round magnaflow glass pack with a side exit, no resonator setup and it sounded great until mds kicked in and was unbearable. , the challenger I had the same round magnaflow, true duals, no resonators and it wasn't NEARLY as loud as the jeep, mainly because of the rear exit pipes. I'm a little burned out on the magnaflow sound, and miss the flowmaster sound from my mustang days, Im on the fence between super 44s or 10 series/cherry bomb extreme. My concern is the super 44 not being loud enough, and the 10 series being too loud with mds. I know I sound almost as indecisive as a woman in a shoe store, but would like to get this right the first time. Any opinions?
Sponsored links