View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Rep:10
1500driver is on a distinguished road

Ok,

So after reading most of the posts in this thread earlier today, I knew what I had to ask for when ordering a pre-programmed unit.

Now that I've come back to finish the few posts I didn't read earlier, I don't remember the details, and haven't quickly found them searching through the earlier posts.

How exactly do I have to ask for it to be programmed for a 2012 Ram? I know there have been a bunch of people who have had to have it reprogrammed because a setting was set on, when it should be off or whatever.

What are the exact instructions I need to give to a seller on e-bay, to assure that it will work first time, assuming they program it correctly? What is the setting that I must empasize they get right, (since as it is set by default, is the wrong setting to work on a a 2012), to make sure it works when I get it???

Also, while your at it, wouldn't hurt to confirm the harness model needed. If you know that answer, the harness is a simple answer as well....but probably easier found than the unknown programming setting I'm looking for....

I can't remember, and it's kinda a technical thing that isn't easily remembered anyway.

Thanks... this is the best thread I've read anywhere in a long time!

Last edited by 1500driver; 12-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.