View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

I do have the Uconnect module update listed in a couple threads on this forum. It's done using a flash drive. Simple
Now some of the other vehicle modules need to be updated using the techs scantool. So those do need to be done by the dealler.
The radio is usually updated by using an update disc. The Sirius updates are done thru the disc and also usually get the Sirius Traffic system working. It's not part of the Uconnect system (module).
On the RAZR, I found this link for a reboot:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/c....html?id=50092

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenola View Post
Thanks for responding. I am still learning the ways of the forum and did not see this until now. I went to the dealer the next day and supposively (after quoting you extensively) they looked up the update and will install it tomorrow. I wish we could get the software from somewhere and post it online. I really hate going to deal with these guys for such a simple task. they act like they are doing software updates for a supercomputer or something.
Since this seems to be the right thread, any idea if sirius traffic will work on my radio after the update? I currently have travel link and after almost a year I am starting to actually use it.
Oh yeah and I have the Driod Razr, no accesible battery (yea me!)