View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
the 300ci 6cyl was a great engine. sorry. i actually had one in my bronco... couldnt kill it, but again it was a dawg!
Well it was a truck engine, so very low hp, with very high torque. I had a 300cid in my F100 and it was a great engine. With a little work to the head and a cam, intake/exhaust, it was pretty strong. ~350-400hp which is pretty good for a 300cid engine with minimal money put in to it. A lot of drag racers use the 300, there is an aftermarket crossflow head for it. There's a guy that runs something like 9's with a NA 300cid engine in his altered. There are also a lot of guys that turbo them and run similar times in street legal cars. I am selling all the parts i had, and just sold the intake to a guy in ohio with a 300cid that is NA and runs low 10's.

But from the factory, yeah, they are slow. But they are a terrific truck engine, strong, reliable, cheap, and good on gas.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.