Vehicle: 1996 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
99 V10 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher Dave View Post
Plug Wires.. the sky is really the limit and sometimes you get what you pay for. If your not hauling heavy machinery around on a daily basis you shouldnt need a $178 set of 10mm plug wires. Most the stuff out there is pretty good, just stay away from the bargain basement stuff unless you plan to change them every time you change plugs.

I got good performance out of irridum plugs out of my v10 for about 40k now with some pretty substantial hauling. I havent run another set to compare.

Oil .. Im running 10w30 Mobile 1 because it was on sale for less than valvoline that day and I run lighter oil in the winter here. Yes on 7 quarts

Your running the AC DELCO Plugs? They are some of the more expensive plugs. But Dodge also isn't as fussy about plugs as the newer GMs.
I ran Mobil 1 in a new GM I had at one time. The thing about synthetic oils is they like to find any weak spot to leak out of. My opinion is if the truck hasn't run it from new putting it in a high mileage engine isn't the best idea. I have run dino & synthetic & to be honest & have never seen the value of synthetic in an engine. Gear boxes different story. In fact most new vehicles come from the factory with it in rear ends. My 99 has it.
Anyway just my two cents