Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
kkreit01 will become famous soon enough
Default QC Vs. CC bed, Cut BedRug, etc?

This may seem like a crazy question or thought, but please hear me out. I know the difference in length between a 4th gen Quad Cab bed vs. Crew Cab bed. Is the Quad Cab bed longer in front of the wheel wells, behind, or a little in both? It looks to me like it's longer in front of the wheel wells. Here's why I'm asking such a crazy question. My local dealer has complete Mopar BedRug kits for 03-09 Short Box and Long Box on clearance for $109! I know if I had a Quad Cab, the "short box" bedrug would drop right in (they are the same from 03-12). Since I have a Crew, I'm tempted to still buy, and "cut to fit". The front piece with embroidered Ram logo is worth the $109. I know the BedRugs zip together -- which I'm really not that crazy about. What If I cut the sides and floor, and simply use additional velcro where needed. I already have a rubber mat + Mopar tailgate protector, but would like protection on the sides and front. I figured I could at least use the Bedrug floor and front portion. The sides may be tricky to cut. Am I crazy for even thinking this?
Sponsored links