Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jnsmith08 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust manifold bolts

I am so frustrated with Dodge right now. I noticed a ticking on the passenger side of the truck and did a little research. Figured it was a broken bolt so I took the truck to the dealership assuming it was covered under the powertrain warranty since the manifold is a major part of the engine. The nice man behind the desk informed me that the warranty only covers the "inside" of the engine and tranny. After a little laugh, I politely asked how the bolts could screw to any place other than the inside of the engine. According to these guys the bolts are not inside the engine. Anyways, he said he would have to keep the truck and order the parts. He could not give me a price because he said he had no idea how long it would take. I told him that I would take it and replace them myself. He then told me that I had to pay 100 bucks for the diagnostic. I laughed again and after a few minutes of arguing I was on my way. Dodge really needs to do something about this issue.

Has anyone replaced these bolts themselves? If so any tips/pointers would be appreciated.
Sponsored links