Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
texaspike is on a distinguished road
Default Vibration help

So a couple of months ago I got a front end replacement and a set of 2" spacers to help level out the front of my 2011 1/2 ton. Driving through the city was fine, but on the highway I started to notice vibration starting at around 65 mph while I was in 2WD. Yesterday, I embarked on a 900 mile road trip from SC to TX and while I was driving, the vibration got so bad that I had to stop and take it into a shop for fear that the whole damn thing was gonna come apart on the highway.

After a whole bunch of wasted time, the shop determined the ball joints and control arms were fine, the alignment and wheel balance were non issues, and the leveling kit was not the cause of the problem. So now I have no leveling kit, and still have vibration.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem? Any suggestions on getting it resolved? I'm taking it back to the dealer on Monday to see what they say. The only suggestion the shop I took it to had was that the weight of the bumper was throwing off the front suspension. Help is much appreciated.
Sponsored links