Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Rep:10
nascarjonb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
I have searched a lot and found mixed results. Some say it will run fine and others say it requires a spacer. I wonder if it does rub is it just a rub on the sway bar at full lock? If so, that could really be avoided with proper steering control. I still tend to say it should fit without too much trouble but at the same time, I am basing my guess on my knowledge of what will fit on the OEM 20" rim without rubbing. Obviously, the OEM 17" rim is going to be different.

I was passing by a local shop yesterday and saw and big ol BFG on an aftermarket chrome rim so I stopped to take a look. Turns out it was a 315/70/17 and let me tell you that is a huge bitch, lol. It was actually a five lug so I'm gonna go back today and see if I can figure out what pattern it is. My guess is that it came off of a Jeep Wrangler so the pattern is probably too small for our trucks.
unfortunitly i just put 315/ 70/ 17 on my 2011 dodge ram with a leveling kit. there is plenty of room for turning but not enough room by the upper ball joint so it rubs pretty bad. i am heading up to summit racing to get some after market rims tomorrow. i just dont know how much negitive offset to get. another issue is i need to get a wider rim because the tire bulge also affects the distance from upper ball joint. any one have any input on rim offset and how wide?