View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 3500 QC diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot blue
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:10
farmall is on a distinguished road
Default 2003 cummins wont start. any suggestions?

Hello all. My truck has been a little hard to start recently but only at times. I was thinking it might have been more related to the colder weather but I don't think that is the case now. Today, I went out to start it and it didn't start after about 10 seconds of spinning. I waited a few seconds and tried again. I think it started after 4 attempts. I just moved it in the driveway, only running for about a minute. I went to hook up a trailer this evening and it would not start. While waiting between attmpts, I could hear a pump running somewhere around the fuel filter. It seems to run a little longer than I expect but cuts off after about 10 seconds or so. I rolled it in the gargage where there was a fire going and after about 4 hours in 70 degree heat, it still will not start. It turns over but acts like it is not getting any fuel. Just in case you wanted to ask, it does have 3/4 tank. I just filled it yesterday. I really need some help because, right now, my dads powerstroke is hooked to my work trailer and I have to drive it until I get mine fixed. HELP!
Sponsored links