Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Spud67 is on a distinguished road

Hi again all and Merry Christmas.
I just found out yesterday that there is complimentary 2013 Map update available for the 730N RHR but it is only available to vehicle manufactured between Jan. 1, 2012 and June 30, 2012. Sounds like the DVD and information was sent out to the owners of those vehicles. Then the owner has to go to www.navigation.com/rhr/freshmap to receive and activation code. Also another catch is this is only available until Dec. 31, 2012.
I bought my truck in December of 2011 and Navteq will not give me the complimentary update. I contacted Chrysler Canada and they were not able to do anything either other than refer me to a dealership. I contacted the dealer I bought the truck from and they now the history of the issue with me and this navigation system. They are willing to reimburse me for the cost of the upgrade and I have now ordered the update disk and have my activation code.
Along with a call from the sales manager I received an email from the sales representative that replaced the guy I bought the truck from and I had a call from the service manager. The service manager told me that one of his techs was able to find some options on the 730N RHR for another customer with the same routing issues and changing these options made the unit work better for this other customer. They want me to bring in my truck and give it a try on my truck as well.
I will take the truck in to the dealer in January and then do the map update and see what the results are. I will keep you up to date as to what happens.

Last edited by Spud67; 12-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.