Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram QuadCab
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
AlohaRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2H2O View Post
It may be easier but I don't think it would be necessary for that particular task. You could spend a little over an hour removing the bumper, rad assembly and a couple accessories and have all the access you would need without going any deeper. Removing the plastic fender liners would net you a ton more access and straight on access if you did end up needing to drill out any of the studs.

Quick Q&A, my manifold has bolts, not studs and they came right out without a fight. Unless you had alot of rust or corrosion, yours could be just as easy.?.? Salt water can wreak havoc between alumium and steel so if you live right on the coast of Hawaii I'm guessing you have a corrosion issue?
Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I'm going to lift the cab & bed, and roll the chassis out so I can have unlimited access to all 16 exhaust manifold fasteners.

I thought the 2 on the ends were studs (see pic).

I've worked on cars/trucks in Hawaii for 35 years, and never seen this sort of corrosion. This Ram was either nose-dived down a salt-water boat-ramp, or came from a state where the roads are treated with salt. The corrosion is only under the hood and on the front half of the chassis. The back half is typical Hawaii.

Another reason why I am going to lift the cab, so I can scrape/paint the frame and suspension.