DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram725 Lift & More Build

76K views 752 replies 34 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
I had another build thread but it was more my initial question then it was a build thread. We started installing yesterday at the offroad shop I used to work at. We are just doing it after hours so it's taken a few more days. Hoping to be done tomorrow. I will continue doing more to the truck in phases, thinking Road Armor or Ironbull bumpers next.

Bought the truck in July from the dealership I am a manager at. Decided instantly I wanted to lift it. I've owned many dodges and other lifted trucks from diesels to other half tons. This however has been my favorite project.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
3.55 Gears
Hemi

Lift:
6" RCX
Kicker Bar
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1"
Tires:
37x13.50x20 Toyo Mt
Wheels:
20x10 Fuel Hostages Black
Misc Mods:
Bedliner
Tint
Exhaust

So far we have about 4-5 work hours in it, hoping to have it done tomorrow. We have it at a new property we bought in Old Katy Tx. Nice to have a full lift and space to work.

See less See more
#34 ·
Absolutely perfect. Smooth ride. Tires pull of course.

You know I was concerns with the acceleration on 37s but honestly it's not NEAR as noticeable as I thought. Plenty of get up for me. And the 37s perfect the lift. Couldn't be happier. Next is painted road armor or iron bull bumpers.

#37 ·
Sorry!? LOL
But I guess you are liking it.

Regarding the Hypertech, I had it set to stock and didn't like how it drove.
Did it last night (finally had the chance to do it), but diablo is said to release in a week.
If you haven't grabbed one and can wait a tad longer, I can do it for the price we agreed but do it at that price shipped.....
let me know

#48 ·
Ya I will once I have my computer around me. Using my mobile right now. Still debating on doing the Bedliner now or later. Definitely going to do painted flares, just debating between stock or bushwhacker. Road Armor bumpers painted will be in a month or two

#55 ·
Thought I'd post something other than a truck. If anyone is offended pm me and I'll remove it but I do have my license and this was on my private property. Tired of them destroying my land

#57 ·
In Texas hogs tear up the ground, tear up the feeders, scare off other game, pretty much ruin your property. Here in Tx they are a nuisance. They also will kill your dogs and are dangerous to humans. That one was only 60-70 pounds. There is a 200 pounder on my property somewhere I'm trying to find. I have him on my game camera tearing down my fence.

For example I was waiting on a buck this morning and I had a few does and small bucks and the hog walked out and scared them all off. Pretty much ruined my hunt.

#59 ·
Haha it's a blast. Only thing that sucks is walking to the stand in the morning and hearing them walking around you. Or when you spook one and all you see is a massive black mass running in front of you.

#63 ·
I think -5 but not sure... They are 20x10 at -12.

Did you get your Kicker brace installed yet i purchased one for my 2012 rcx lift and was told it might not fit the 2012 and will not be installing my lift till spring. Also wondering on the Wheel backspace is it -12 or -24

I havent yet. They fit when we mocked them up. Wheels are -12.

#64 ·
Great looking truck man! One of the nicest iv seen! I respect the fam! All of us drive Rams too, and a Jeep. Raised right lol! And thats a good kill, hope u get the big one, they are a huge pain in the butt. Especially in the south. Good luck with everything brother! Great looking truck! :)

#67 · (Edited)
Okay here is an update on the truck:

Parts Ordered and Waiting:
Recon LED Dome Lights

Hypertech Re-calibrator

Parts "Soon" To Come:

S&B Cold Air Intake - Ordering Monday

Flowmaster Exhaust - Installing Tuesday (day off from work)

Kicker Bars Getting Installed - Hope for Tues

Parts "Eventually" To Come:
Iron Bull Front Bumper w/ 12,000 Winch and Pre-Runner Bar
(Talking to Iron Bull now, trying to figure out if it is what I want or not, really wanted a painted bumper but I have such relations with Iron Bull).

Recon LED Tail Lights - Saw these today. I've always hated LED tails, but I kind of like their Smoked set, usually they look cheap to me but these dont, opinions would be nice!

Bushwacker Painted Pocket Flares - This was at the top of the list.. But then I decided I wanted a CAI to go with the exhaust.

SmittyBilt M1 Black Mesh Grill - Saw this online and loved the price and look. Just waiting till I feel like I need it. I don't think it will look good till the Iron Bull Bumper is on.

BD Catch Can from Moes Performance - Just decided on this today, it will get done eventually.

N-Fab Black Steps - Whenever I sell the stock ones I will get these

Painted headlights, probably wont do Projectors, just get them painted, unless I can find a used set. Been looking at Retroshop. This will be last on my list of things to do.

Well, I was ONLY going to do the lift/tires/wheels, but after doing that I am addicted again.. So my budget as gone up with the wants... :sad:

I do need help deciding what I should do FIRST out of the list of Parts Eventually To Come.. So let me know what you guys are thinking. Also, anyone running the M1 Mesh grill and LED Tails post up some pics for me think more about it. This truck is turning into one fun project... with a whopping 8k miles, i literally just did my second oil change...

#68 ·
Looks really good man! Question for you, how come you didnt keep the machined hostages that were originally mounted on those 37's? Wrong bolt pattern?

As for what I'd do first on your list of mods, I think I'd go for the flares. I'd protect your investment before adding 'fun' mods first. Protect the paint bro!

#76 ·
Lights look 10x better than stock. Couldnt be any happier. Cheap price IMO to change the entire interior feel of the truck.

Took 5 min to install. Only pain is taking out the front two bulbs, mine were really stuck and I didnt want to break them.

Paid $84 shipped straight from Recon's site.

The pictures do them ZERO justice. They are sweet in person.

Had to take a weird angle because my iphone was adjusting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.