View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

GT, funny you mention that...
The walls are plumb but the floors in the kitchen and sunroom look like they slope, but a level shows they are level? Its odd as hell, but everything is level. The interior walls are odd too, they are framed and have 1x6 nailed to them then the exterior brick walls...almost like a wooden framed house then the brick shell built around it, the house was added onto 4 times. The original front 2 rooms, then the upstairs 2 beds and 2 small closets which are now 2 small bathrooms....odd, then the kitchen area and another bed above it to form the "T" shape of the house, Then the 2 sunroom additions went on with an added basement area on one side under the sunroom where Im working on that wall which used to be an exterior foundation wall to the crawl space.
I plan later after occupying the house to dig that crawlspace and make additional basement storage area, but then again I may not.
There were only 2 strands of knob and tube in the livingroom ceiling, nowhere else in the house but whoever rewired used some monster cables...lol no not the car audio stuff, just like 10 or 8 guage wire, my hand is so sore from cutting out all the left over crap. Im rewiring with 14-2 and 12-2,
I also found out that my house sits on 3 lots, taxes are $475 year so not bad at all ( I pay this years but the rest is escrowed )

Snoy...The concrete wall wall 8" thick, but they still didnt get all the way under the stones is the reason it kicked out, so the new wall have I put up will be plumb to the sills.

Well the scarey part is when the concrete gets knocked there is a rather large stone thats gonna drop and no clue how heavy it will be as the first one was barely able to roll over on the floor.....good toe smasher or leg breaker, let alone back breaker and nut dropper.

Last edited by sonocativo; 12-27-2012 at 03:35 PM.