Vehicle: 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:91
Bobcat06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInAtl View Post
I think its weird people are saying it will or wont do the time and a VERY obvious question has not been asked. (or maybe I missed it) 10 Psi on what? A super charger, a turbo, what size, how much cfm will it push? 10 psi w/ a factory golf turbo is WAY less cfm than 5 psi on a dump truck turbo. Its impossible to say accurately what it will or wont do w/o specs guys. (I am not doubting the AirRam here, more asking for the details) Not tryin to be a jerk, but doubters need more evidence before calling "bluff".
Yea, but using your same comparison, a factory golf turbo has a much smaller displacement than a dump truck engine (i'm assuming, depends on the dump truck i guess, haha j/k). Therefore it doesn't need as much cfm to achieve the same boost. He also stated that he hopes to get about 525 whp with 10 psi, it doesn't matter how much cfm he gets if he is already giving his estimated hp number.

Like I said earlier, I think he'll get low 12's with those kind of numbers, unless he puts big slicks on the back and does some serious weight reduction. You mentioned Hemi's running 12's with 600hp, but keep in mind, they have all the power down low due to being NA. If you use a turbo, you're power will sit higher in the rpm range, and also you are using spray to get that 600hp, which isn't the same as 600hp from the motor.

I haven't seen to many Hemi power curves, but if the power peaks at 6200 rpm's than you want to drive over that peak before you shift so you stay in the power band. If you shift at 6200 you will fall out of the power band when you get in your next gear.