Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Green
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
RansomedRedRam is on a distinguished road
Default Truck upgrade.

Hey guys, I am thinking of upgrading vehicles. I'm currently running around in a 94 Dodge Dakota v6 5spd 2wd and have found a 96 Dodge Ram 2500 v8 5spd 4wd. Reason for the upgrade is to keep up with my friends and just recently bought a Snowmobile, I was getting a lot of grief that my 2wd v6 Dakota would not be able to keep up and do as well at climbing mountains with a sled in the bed. So I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this Make/Model/Year of truck and if I should be weary of any stock problems that it may have. I've talked to the dealer once for a little bit and don't fully remember the details, but he wanted 3100 for it, anyone have any opinion on whether that is to steep or anything? I know the truck has new tires, he said the previous owner did some work under the hood, don't fully remember what he said he did but was to the tune of cleaning it up. Also can't recall the mileage he said on it. I Kelley Blue Booked it and it ended up with the results of in good condition a value of $3,375 and it looks in pretty good condition, next time I'm down there I'm going to take a test drive, see how she runs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will reply with more info about it as I find out more.
Thanks!
Sponsored links