Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 (CTD)
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
RugbyRef is on a distinguished road

DONE!! I did the following to the truck over the holidays:

- Removed the stock exhaust and replaced with custom exhaust straight pipe to a 4" end.
- Deleted the DPF.
- Removed the EGR system (the WHOLE system) and installed an EGR removal kit from Custom-Diesel.
- Installed an H&S Mini-Maxx with pyro and overdrive transmission software upgrade.
- Installed a Bak-Flip F1 cover on the back end of the truck.
- Tinted the front door windows.

I am a huge skeptic of claims made by people who say that one "snake-oil medicine" is better than another, but I will tell you from MY experience since these mods have been completed....WOW!!!

I immediately saw performance gains across the board in the truck. Although I have not dyno'd the truck yet (soon), I can just feel the throttle response has dramatically increased. The MPG as well - I am now averaging between 18 and 20 mpg. Took the truck on a trip over Christmas to Gatlinburg (from Cape Girardeau, MO) and got there on less than one tank...450 miles.

I did the complete removal and install myself. It's definitely not hard if you have the proper tools. I even did a write-up, with pics, on it because the illustrated instructions I got with the EGR delete kit from Custom-Diesel were for an older model Cummins engine...AND they were out of sequence.

The Bak-Flip F1 cover was installed in 30 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Tim