Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Kman521 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraulston View Post
o.k. so it's in and functioning flawlessly. Here is what I did, but understand there will be differences in different trucks. In the picture above, I used the factory plug. I crimped 3 male spade connectors on the black, white and blue wires of my Prodigy controller. These fit perfectly in the factory plug as it is female. On my controller the black is positive, the white is negative and the blue is the signal wire. Simple. Then the issue. My vehicle plugs 4th wire (pink) was always hot too. I verified this three times over 2 days. The red wire from the controller needs to go on the brake curcuit that is 0v normal and +12v when the brake pedal is pushed. Couldn't find one at first. I thought I would just tap a tail light for the brake curcuit but learned that the circuit activates with the turn signals as well!! Not good!! So then i went to the cab brake light. I poped the light cover off and found a white w/green striped wire (dang, i think it's green) and replaced the light. On the drivers side, I popped off the trim that runs along the edge of the carpet where you step to get in the vehicle. The long piece of trim is also attached to the kick panel which pulls straight back to remove. Under the trim you will find a large harness. I tapped the wht/grn wire and ran it up to the controller directly behind the kick panel. That was where I found my brake "on" signal I needed to complete the install. So it's all buttoned all up and I attach the trailer and set off to adjust the brake. Flawless.....VICTORY!!

FYI:
1) I don't know why i had no wire that was normal 0V and 12v when the brake was activated.
2) Don't tap a rear brake light. When you use a turn signal, your controller will think you are pumping the brakes!!
3) Male spades plug right into the factory plug.
4) forget the wires on the brake pedal. 1 is 0v constant, one is 12v constant aad the other is like a 0-3v. You will get a "service parking brake" warning if you mess with it.
5) maybe if the computer was told there was a trailer brake, the wires would function differently...dunno..
6) I could do a complete install is someone elses truck in less than 30 knowing what I know now...
7) and when you shut off the truck, the 12v feed to the controller does not instantly go off. It takes awhile and finally does..

Good Luck!!! ray
Thanks Ray for that info!

I was going to meter out mine again today but it snowed again so it will have to wait but I will report back once I do.
Maybe the Sport and the SLT are different?
If I could buy the factory service manual I would but do they even sell them to the public anymore?

Keith